Question: Help! What is the best place to put my garbage so that it does not impact my overall feng shui and luck?
Answer: As with toilets, everyone has to deal with garbage and there is no ideal location for it. That is because each bagua sector of your home or office is associated with a life aspiration, family member, or body part. It is best to be proactive in handling your garbage to avoid having your health, wealth, career or relationships impacted by bad luck. Here are a few simple tips:
- Get a garbage can that has a lid. Empty your garbage can regularly and never let it overflow. This helps minimize odors and the unsightly view of clutter that brings negative vibes.
- The trash can should not draw so much attention that it’s one of the first things one notices when entering a room. If possible, put your trash can away and out of sight to suppress any negative chi.
- If you must put the trash cans in the house, put them away inside a cabinet or cupboard. Remove all trash cans from the bedroom if possible.
- Place a decorative tarp or plants around trash cans that are placed outside the house or office. If possible, place them inside a shed.
- Make sure you don’t have garbage bins placed below or near photos of loved-ones, awards, or designations you have received. This will impact your relationship, career, and business luck.
- Keep the area of the bagua sector where the trash is placed clean and clutter free. Boost the chi of the specific bagua area where the trash is placed.