Knowing the bagua of your home or office space is fundamental to improving your luck by letting you implement specific and personalized feng shui remedies to support your life aspirations like increased wealth, health, or relationship luck. In this article, I will show you how to accurately find the bagua for your environment. Now, lets get started!
Measurements and Tools for Determining the Bagua
To determine the bagua of your environment in accordance with classical feng shui, we must first get the following measurements and tools.
- A measurement of the center of your home or office space
- An accurate compass reading of your main door
- An accurate floor plan of your environment on paper
- A protractor
- A ruler
Six Steps to Determine Bagua of Your Home or Work Environment
Once you have gathered what you need, follow these six steps. I have accompanied a sample floor plan to illustrate each step.
1. On your paper floor plan, mark the center of your environment.
2. On your floor plan, mark the front door compass measurement. Draw a line from the main door to the center of the floor plan and mark the measurement for reference.
In our sample floor plan, the front door compass measurement is 173°.
3. Next, place the protractor on the floor plan. Put the middle of the flat section of the protractor over the center from Step 1.
4. Rotate the protractor around the center. Turn it until the degree marking of your protractor matches the degree measurement of your front door.
5. Hold the protractor in place. Reference the bagua compass measurements table below and mark the upper and lower range of each compass direction on the floorplan.
In our example, our house has a south sector door. We know this since 173° is in the range between 157.5° and 202.5°. For other ranges, see the quick reference below.
|Bagua Compass Measurements Table|
6. Finally, once have defined one side of the bagua with protractor, extend the lines to the other side using the ruler until you have eight sections. Mark all eight directions in accordance to the bagua.
In our example below, lines are extended to all sides of the floor plan.
Now you have an accurately measured bagua of your environment and are now ready implement more precise and personalized remedies based your life aspirations!
Invest the time to take accurate measurements. Leave a comment if you have questions. And look for upcoming posts on how we will implement specific cures for your life aspirations.